Monday, September 7, 2009

number 202 naked cold and flu

so last night when i got up to blow my nose because i have the flu, there was a hello called out from the hall way. it was 10.45pm on sunday and there are 2 other very close front doors next to ours - so i ignored it. then there was a knock. ignored again. then as i was walking back to my bedroom the door opens and it is 2 strange men with a couch...

i am like - wtf...naked, standing with 2 men in the room who have a key to our apartment.

of course!!! they were delivering a couch - yep.

regardless of what happened in between me being able to get clothes on and find out why they were delivering a stupid couch so late, why did i not know they were coming, why did the front door not have a chain and a whole other bunch of why's - i was now forced to wonder how the hell was i going to sleep for the rest of the night knowing that they were going to come back and get me.

i don't think the wearing off effects of some cold and flu medication helped the paranoid couple of hours i spent trying to work out how i would get out the fire escape and avoid the other one that ran down the 5 flights of stairs to capture me after they opened the bedroom door only to find that i had ESCAPED them!!! it did give me strength though. i managed to move a 3 seater couch across the door via gap only big enough for my wrist to fit through (so i could hear when they came back, giving me more time to clamber out the window).

really - the best part was when my flat mates returned to me standing (now partially clothed) with a bread knife....bena was like 'what?? were you going to saw their penis's off???'

that is exactly what i was going to do.

No comments: