Thursday, February 5, 2009

number 110 lost lost lost

i lied tonight. i never lie, and we had had a really full on day. rewarding ourselves with a lovely dinner, all of the rest of the day that involved running around with kilo's of clothes to return in sub zero temperatures was forgotten. until, i realised that i had lost my wallet. this is where i lied. i have only ever properly lost my wallet once before, and it was because i was stupidly so naughty that i couldn't even remember my name and had clearly dropped it in the taxi whilst telling au how amazing the moon was, and how much fun we had had previously.

so i lied and said i had never lost my wallet before to my new lovely friend that now knew every single thing about my life - why i now felt i had to pretend i was not vague or get lost in shopping frenzies was crazy...she new it was not lost, and as i called the shop where we knew it was at 11pm, and the woman answered saying 'we have been waiting for you' i was like, wow, what the fuck is that girl still doing there sewing buttons on things at 11pm on a thursday night in -500 degrees.

anyway. i got my wallet back...happy i do not have to cancel any cards, and really value the $200 that was still in there. i now sit in my new home, with my new jumper and a teddy bears picnic (yes the guy that i am subletting from is some sort of person that at approximately the age of 43 and hetrosexual needs the comfort of numerous teddy bears above his bed that i had to squash into a box so they didn't stare at me when i slept)...it is fun here.

No comments: