Tuesday, September 2, 2008

number 62 plunging necklines and a denim overall

i know i tell long stories sometimes, but this has to be explained. it involved a day a couple of weeks ago, with a hangover, a clearly bad outfit that featured on a wish to be deleted street style blog, project runway, and the reality of life in the big city.

i had a day of sewing this installation for a friend in a stinking hot room. on my way to the bank i was asked for a photo and to comment on my style for the day...no comment was the answer to the question 'would you like to comment on your outfit'...so when my phone rang much later in the day to another friend wanting me to double time it uptown to help him possibly get into project runway - i was like 'of course i will come up there and put on some dress'.

as i stood in a hotel, next to my friend in silence as some tv guy over enthusiastically went into the logistics of where we were to stand when we walked into the room, all of a sudden it dawned on me that i might be making my 2nd television appearance since double dare.

as the doors opened and i was shoved into a room filled with lights and cameras and action, i stood there in my plunging sequin dress in front of the 3 project runway judges. i didn't even hear what they were saying - all i could think about was how my mum will know that i have a tattoo on my chest after all these years of denying my body was uninked.

anyway, my friend made the cut (yep he is going to win project runway in the next season), and i was like, i will make the cutting floor no problems...until this message came through the other day...! damn that photo reminding me to say no to street blogs. a reality check on running out the door and saying yes to a quick little street snap, and a no to signing of release forms!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm... You were on Double Dare? How miss, did this never come up in all these years? I LOVED that show and had dreams of going on it - the family version though, I used to dream up new family configurations with members that would be stronger and more enthusiastic about it than mother and brother! Dad was in, my cousin Ol was in, I just needed a fourth. My god - you could've been the missing sister!!!